Chronic Pain Syndrome
I know what it is like to have chronic pain. I know the depression that comes with that also.
If you have chronic pain, you will need to treat your whole body and get healthy from the inside out. In Chinese medicine theory, you have pain because you have a lack of circulation. You can have a lack of circulation due to:
- Low Energy levels that mean your body is not strong enough to keep things moving
- Internal imbalances such as fluid retention – this blocks normal circulation
- Low energy levels of your organ systems, such as digestion and kidney energy
If you get acupuncture, you can also get Chinese herbs. There are herbal formulas on the market that have energy tonics in them. If you can take herbs to boost your energy levels, as well as take multi vitamins, your body will heal faster. You will not completely recover from chronic pain until you recover your energy levels.
If you have insomnia, you will have a hard time recovering from chronic pain. Your body needs ENERGY to function well. If you are not getting enough sleep, you will not be able to be fully well. There are many natural remedies for sleep. I like:
- GABA – amino acid that calms your brain
- Magnesium glycinate – taken before bed to help relax you
- Bach Flower Essences — Rescue Sleep Remedy. This is one of the most effective sleep remedies I have found. You just spritz some in your mouth before bed. It is amazing.
- Chinese herbal formulas
- Tryptophan – used to increase calming brain chemicals
- 5-htp – increases serotonin – do not take if on medications that affect serotonin
To recover from chronic pain you need to:
- Treat the pain topically
- Treat the pain from the inside with pain relievers like Bromelain
- Get adequate sleep
- Have enough energy to heal- you can take Chinese energy tonics for this
- Increase circulation any way you can – acupuncture, massage, stretches and light exercise like walking
- Make sure you have enough anti-oxidants like CoQ10 and Vitamin C
Are you familiar with adrenal fatigue? Another factor in chronic illness and fatigue can be adrenal fatigue. This is caused by too much stress.
When you are under stress, your adrenal glands produce a lot of extra adrenaline to deal with it. Over time, the adrenals get worn out and can no longer cope. You are then exhausted and cannot handle any stress.
Adrenal fatigue is not a commonly known problem. It is a very common problem to have. Your adrenal glands need adequate B vitamins and Vitamin C to function well, especially under stress. If you are under a lot of stress, your body uses up its reserves of these vitamins and wears out faster.
To treat adrenal fatigue, you will need to take good B vitamins, vitamin C and herbs like licorice root and Ashwagandha. Since a full discussion of this problem is outside of the scope of this site, you can Google adrenal fatigue.
The man who wrote the book on this is a genius. http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/take-the-adrenal-fatigue-quiz That is his site.
Adrenal fatigue is not ordinary fatigue. Ordinary fatigue is easily treatable with Chinese herbs for energy, like Codonopsis or Ginseng. Adrenal fatigue is very serious. It can take quite some time to recover from this.
To prevent adrenal fatigue, you can take Vitamin C and good quality multi-vitamins daily. You are giving your body what it needs so it does not become depleted.